SwiMP3 Walkthrough - iTunes, MAC
1. Plug your SwiMP3 in; it will be displayed on your desktop as a NO NAME drive.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Select “Preferences” from the iTunes menu.
4. Click on the Importing section. (this may be located under the "Advanced" tab)
5. Select “MP3 Encoder” from the “Import Using” menu.
6. Click OK.
7. Now you have two options:
a. To start from a new CD, insert CD, select the CD from the source menu and click “Import” in the top right corner of iTunes.
b. To convert songs you have already imported into your library as AAC format, select “Convert Selection to MP3” from the “Advanced” menu. This will create a duplicate file that is MP3 format.
8. To tell the difference between the original AAC and the MP3 copy of each song, you can either hold control on your keyboard and click the song and choose Get Info, or if you hold control on your keyboard and click on the library column headings (Title, Artist, Album, Genre,
Time) you will get a long list of potential columns you can show in your library, you will want to choose “Kind” this column will show the format of your songs, either way you will want to only add songs that show as MPEG audio files.
9. Now you can either drag songs from iTunes to your SwiMP3 drive; or you can drag songs directly from the hard drive. Your iTunes songs will be located on your Macintosh HDD in the following directory. Users/(user name)/Music/Itunes/Itunes Music. Within the iTunes Music folder
there will be subfolders named after the Artist’s name; within the Artist folder there will be Album folder(s). The Album folders will contain the songs and may contain duplicates of any songs converted to MP3 from AAC.
10. Once you have copied all the songs you want you can drag the NO NAME drive into the trash to eject the SwiMP3.
11. It is now safe to unplug your SwiMP3.
Changing your Songs:
When you have decided to change the songs you have loaded on the SwiMP3, remember that after you delete songs off the SwiMP3 you will need to empty your trash before the space will become free again.
Still having trouble? Try these PDF downloads for iTunes on a Mac:
iTunes 7 (MAC)
iTunes 8 (MAC)