SwiMP3 Walkthrough - iTunes, Windows
1. Plug your SwiMP3 in; it will be displayed in your “My Computer” as “Removable Disk.”
2. Open iTunes.
3. Select “Preferences” from the Edit menu.
4. Click on the Importing section. (this may be located under the "Advanced" tab)
5. Select “MP3 Encoder” from the “Import Using” menu.
6. Click OK.
7. Now you have two options:
a. To start from a new CD, insert CD and click “Import” in the top right corner of iTunes.
b. To convert songs you have already imported into your library as AAC format; Right click on a song. Select “Convert Selection to MP3” from the menu that appears. This will create a duplicate file that is MP3 format.
8. To tell the difference between the original AAC and the MP3 copy of each song, you can either right click the song and choose Get Info, or if you right click on the library column headings (Title, Artist, Album, Genre, Time) you will get a long list of potential columns you can
show in your library, you will want to choose “Kind” this column will show the format of your songs, either way you will want to only add songs that show as MPEG audio files.
9. Now you can either drag songs from iTunes to your SwiMP3 drive; or you can drag songs directly from the hard drive. Your iTunes songs will be located on you’re My Music folder in the following directory. My Music/Itunes/Itunes Music. Within the iTunes Music folder there will be
subfolders named after the Artist’s name; within the Artist folder there will be Album folder(s). The Album folders will contain the songs and may contain duplicates of any songs converted to MP3 from AAC.
10. Once you have copied all the songs you want you can safely remove the “USB Mass Storage Device”
11. It is now safe to unplug your SwiMP3.
Still having trouble? Try these PDF downloads for iTunes on a PC:
iTunes 7 (PC)
iTunes 8 (PC)