PowerLung Frequently Asked Questions.Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked about PowerLung.
- Who uses this product?
- What size is the PowerLung?
- Why does PowerLung work?
- Will my breathing become easier?
- Will it help my lactic acid turnover rate?
- Does PowerLung create threshold resistance inhaling and exhaling so I can train both inspiratory and expiratory lung muscles in the same breath?
- I feel as if I cannot get enough air. Can PowerLung help with this feeling of being winded?
1. Who uses this product?
PowerLung has a broad and varied international client base including Walkers, Cyclists, Runners, Swimmers, Divers, Rowers, Weight Trainers Gofers, Hikers, Backpackers, Asthmatics, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists and Personal Trainers. Anyone who is interested in breathing deeper and easier uses PowerLung.
2. What size is the PowerLung?
PowerLung is a small, hand-held machine that comes in its own zipper carrying case. It is easy to carry with you when you travel and can fit in the glove compartment of your car.
3. Why does PowerLung work?
It isolates and trains the respiratory muscle group. Your lungs are surrounded by muscles that can be strengthened by the repetition of maximal forced respiration. This increase improves your stamina and endurance.
4. Will my breathing become easier?
Yes, it will help you breathe easier at any level of activity or performance, at every age, and in any sport or exercise in which you participate. Medical research of isolated threshold resistance training demonstrates that over 25% improvement in tidal volume can be achieved in as little as 4 weeks. Customers report feeling less breathless in as little as 3-5 days.
5. Will it help my lactic acid turnover rate?
Using the PowerLung 3 x 10 x 2 Program can result in an increase of your O2 uptake, and thereby help slow twitch muscle fibers to utilize the acid. A winning combination! The process effectively reduces lactic acid into a fuel. You can learn more about the 3 x 10 x 2 Program here.
6. Does PowerLung create threshold resistance inhaling and exhaling so I can train both inspiratory and expiratory lung muscles in the same breath?
Yes. PowerLung is the first and only resistance lung muscle training machine on the market which allows you to exercise both muscle groups in the same breath, without adjusting the machine settings.
7. I feel as if I cannot get enough air. Can PowerLung help with this feeling of being winded?
The breathless feeling you describe is known as dyspnoea. Independent studies show that using PowerLung can relieve this feeling even in elite athletes. Most customers report less breathless in only 3-5 days of regular use.
To achieve this, most people use the PowerLung 3 x 10 x 2 Program. Instructions on this Program, along with other usage programs and tips, is included with every PowerLung product.