Interference caused by the fitness equipment
Some exercise machines can cause interference in signal transmission from the chest transmitter to the wrist receiver. The motor of the treadmill and the electric break of the stationary bicycle cause electromagnetic interference, which may disturb the transmission. However, this type of interference can usually be overcome by relocating the wrist receiver.
Here are tips on how to relocate the wrist receiver to minimize transmission interference:
1. Remove the transmitter from your chest.
2. Start the measurement with the wrist receiver
3. Turn on the exercise bike and start to exercise as usual.
4. Move the receiver around until you find an area in which it displays no stray reading or flashing of the heart symbol. In most cases placing the wrist receiver on the side rail, away from the front electronics display (LED-display) of the exercise equipment, will correct the problem.
5. Wear your chest transmitter back on the chest and keep the wrist receiver in this interference-free area as far as it is possible.